Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Meet and greet

Greetings all,

The meet and greet for the North York ridings went quite well. I was able to speak with about half a dozen candidates or their representatives (focusing mostly on the Liberals and Conservatives, since their support for PR is not as strong as the NDP and Greens), and in general was well-received. A couple were concerned about the details, one Conservative was worried about the process of candidate nominations and the possibility of "party cronies" being shunted in easier through a PR system. Some campaign workers admitted to not knowing their candidate's position on the issue.

I also handed out flyers to residents attending the event, and even somehow managed to get interviewed and my picture taken by reporters from the North York Mirror (one of the community newspapers). I don't get that paper, so If anybody does keep your eye out (and if I am in it, can you save a copy for me?). Hopefully my comments about Fair Vote make it in.

Just a reminder, I plan to hand out flyers tomorrow (Tuesday) at Bloor-Yonge station from about 4:30-5:30.

Best,

Brian Hoessler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home